Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am not rested yet.

I came home from my post as auntie-nan yesterday. I am not rested yet. Things got shaky for a bit. I had an emotional night Saturday night with my nephew. (Telling a defiant 10 year old to get his ass in the house is not a good feeling). Sunday rolled around and we all relaxed and had a good day playing. Monday again we got to play some more then head to the airport to reunite the family. It was such a good reunion. There were lots of hugs and kisses and a 5 year old crying tears of happiness! It was so wonderful to watch. Everyone got home and there was more kissing and wrestling and tickling and playing. Those kids desperately wanted full attention for as long as they could get it. We all hit the sack tired out.

When I got home, I met my handy-man there to get to work again on the closet remoldeling in the master bedroom. I thought I'd come home relax for a few hours but no. Once I walked into the house I was slammed with all the things I forgot about while I was away. My life responsibilities came running at me full-speed, and I didn't relax.

Upstairs today is the handyman, I am at the computer. I realized I didn't pay my credit card this month. I am an idiot for being 3 days late. I gave my renters their rent and utility notices, and I checked back into my SUU classes to see what's going on with my 2 classes. I have a 5 page paper due Friday, and 4 stages of teacher development outlines to write too. Plus 3 philosophy quizes to take. (What fun is that!) I really wanted to be done with all my school work by July 31st-we'll see. Closets first.

My summer is winding down oh so very quickly, and there is still stuff I haven't done! Like a sly boa creeping its way back into my life, the stress is building as the summer comes to an end.

Here's my list, if you want to jump in and help me accomplish them, please do so, or if it's a fun thing, let me add it!

Go to St. George to see Misty
Go to Chubback to see Granny
Invite Clint and Tammy over for Ice Cream.
Shop in Park City
Get Slushes with Crystal and Jennilee
Clean my car, fix it up
Send stuff to DI
Exercise Everyday
Get a pedicure
Get a massage
Read War and Peace

These things are all very easy and low-key types of things, but my priorities get mixed up sometimes. These are things I want to do, not what I have to do. So, they get pushed to the bottom of the list.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I love you sis - you're awesome...

Jessica said...

I started reading War and Peace in January...was going strong for about a month....made it to page 784 of 1386...and my bookmark hasn't moved for about 6 months now. I think I'm just mad at Tolstoy for writing such a ridiculously long book. Each page has about a 10 pt font and the margins are about 1/8 of an inch. In girth and duration, it is seriously like reading the Bible. I've enjoyed the book and when I finally read the last page I will sing it's praises for the rest of my days, just like everyone else who has persevered to finish it. But for now I am annoyed.

Good luck.