As some of your may know, I co-own a townhouse with Charlie. I've lived there since it was purchased in 2006. I've got the house furnished and somewhat decorated. Wall stuff is the hardest to shop for. The over-all care of the place has been quite rewarding for myself. I enjoy knowing the nooks and crannies, and the run of the mill. It really is a great place.
Sometime in June Charlie proposed a buyout. I thought that was okay and in fact got my hopes up in the thoughts of getting a new place all my own, with no silent partner lurking. To have something completely my own would give me a different sense of ownership, and I am ready for that.
I've put in at least 6 hours of crunching numbers and looking at financial records to make the split even. I've begun looking for new places, and searching for storage rentals to put my 5 couches and 2 entertainments centers in. (The house really is furnished!) I know what I want, now it's just a matter of getting it.
Charlie backed out. Charlie isn't interested in getting a lump some of money from me to get out, or giving me a lump sum so he can have it all to himself. Supposedly, it's not lucrative enough for him now. He's actually maxed out in equity gain, all he will get now is a dollar for dollar what he puts in. I don't get his reasoning because I am blinded to what I want.
I don't understand why people propose change when if fact they aren't willing to make the change in the long run. Why is it that people hurry up with a good idea and then, out of fear or the unknown or having to work, they stop all the progressive work of others, just to say "I don't think so." Right now, it's just frustrated me.
I had the high hopes of getting out, and starting a new chapter in my life. I had the high hopes of seeing Charlie actually care for a property of his own. Yes, I wanted to see Charlie work for this place. It has done me a great deal of good. It could do him a great deal of good.
In the end, my high hopes fell flat, and nothing has changed. I am where I was a month ago.
All you non-decisive people out there, when your decisions involve others, please don't flip-flop, over-analyze, or create new ideas involving the original one. Stick to the choice you made, and see it through. When it is for yourself-over analyze, go back and forth, all you want, cause no one else is hanging on your word and running with it!
5 years ago

3 comments:
Woah! GREAT VENT!!!!!!!!!!! This goes to all you jerky guys in relationships too! Indecisiveness is WEAKNESS!!!! I'm sorry it didn't work out, Mary. I love you.
Total bummer. Yeah, I've come to discover that some people make statements about the future and things they plan to do...but they forget to mention that they were never serious. It makes people like you and me who like to get things done run in circles trying to accomplish something that will never come to fruition.
Wow. Wow. And more Wow.
Charlie
Post a Comment