So, I get a new furnace tomorrow. $3244 dollars worth of a new furnace. I had a horrible clogged water line running through the furnace that baffled me enough to call Action Heating and Air Conditioning. By the time the technician left, I had a condemned furnace. A condemned furnace is one with cracks in some metal s-shaped pipeage that gas escapes through. The crack was 3 inches long. It clicked why my heating bill was so high all the time. Another good reason to get a new furnace is that fact that 29 years old is too old. It's the original one!! Energy efficiency is rather quite low for the model, by today's standards. Because it is a condemned furnace, he by law had to cut the gas line to it.
Luckily, I don't need to heat my house right now. And luckily, it's cheaper to install it now than in the winter. So I caved in and am quite glad I did. Also, the technician was a great flirt, he knows ladies are more apt to spend money with a likable guy selling. According to him, I get everything at wholesale cost.
Now I have my own suspicions about sales and such, and was more assured when I found out he wasn't a commissioned technician, so he really didn't care whether I bought a new furnace or not. He gave some inside info on furnaces. Lennox sucks. (Which is the condemned one I have) They have great marketing which is why they are the household name for furnaces. but if you ever need one, the best ones he rarely has to work on is Goodman furnaces- which is what I am getting. The Goodman's also comes with the best warranty and are transferable to new homeowners if you sell your place. Goodman's use different guts, instead of s-shaped pipeage that has weaker areas and increase opportunity for cracks, they use a clam type pipe, with only one area of welding.
So that's it. I am in debt to a furnace, and it was just last week that I got out of debt! I hope this helps anyone who ever needs their furnace serviced.
I wonder, should I use his personal number he gave me? Hmm.....
5 years ago

3 comments:
Absolutely! You should totally use his number and have him hang out, that is if he pays for the date since you're broke now :o) I thought your blog was very useful and I will keep it in mind. I do hate the repair and the worry of getting crap fixed. I think you've handled it like a pro.
ha ha. Of COURSE you should use his number. There's nothin better than a hot handy man!
Is he going to be there for installation???? Maybe you should invite him.
Post a Comment