Monday, April 14, 2008

8 weeks to go!

Spring fever has certainly begun. I love the anticipation of getting done with work. Teaching truly is one of the best careers out there. I am counting down my weeks, and before long, I'll be counting down my days. As I finish each unit I must teach, I feel like I am just steps closer to the end of another school year. What does one do to keep the fever from boiling over?

I read that a travel adventure, a new idea, or a little controversy can be a simple cure. Well I think I've got plans in all of that. Some nearer than others.

Travel: Park City in June for a free weeks lodging, food and a $500 dollar stipend is going to be nice. I'll get some CITES training-I have no idea what it is. Then a one-way ticket to Flower Mound to help Jamie move further West.

A New Idea: I might begin writing a book! I've got an idea and some brainstorming results. It might just be interesting-not as interesting as Uncle Tom's book! Another idea: paint the interior of my house. It has a disgusting coat of flat, unscrubbable, cream paint. I would love something warm and bright, slick and scrubbable.

A little controversy: There's lots to shake up at church! Just yesterday, the visiting teaching program got way shook up. We ain't doing it the grandma way anymore. Yeehaw!

I think my idea of controversy is the weakest cure for my spring fever, so if you have any suggestions let me know! Also, I'd just love to hear your own cures.

3 comments:

Shantay said...

Please come visit us. We would LOVE to have you!

MiStY said...

Hey I think your book idea is a good one! You'd be a great author and I might actually read it (which I never read anything) DO IT! As for the Spring scratch that's itching me is planting flowers and doing some yard work. That always seems to say Spring to me. By the way, you could always come see me in St. George you know :o) Everyboyy loves you and is always fighting for a visit from May Pat!

paulnmea said...

You should pick out your paint colors and have them ready the first part of May and me and Paul will come help you when the kiddies go to sleep. We will be up there for a week and half. We could surely do some (good) damage to those walls.