I was speaking with a gentleman yesterday, and he asked the question, "What's your dowry?" He was under the impression that if survival mode hit, that I would run to mommy and daddy for help. Um, that's not the Peterson way.
First, I currently don't have a dowry. I am debt free, besides my house. I have no outstanding balances on credit cards or other lines of credit. I just paid off my student loans. (yippee) I have a mortgage, and that is my dowry. I have been so focused on paying off all my debts that I don't have a savings of any certain amount. When I hear the word "dowry", I think of an abundance of money given or available for immediate use. I don't have an abundance of money. I would like an abundance of money! I won't lie when I say I have prayed for $50,000. I figure that amount, in the eyes of God, is not anything to flinch about. Actually people with money wouldn't flinch at that. However, I have no money so I think that is a nice sum. I could do lots or preparing and settling with that. Think $50,000 dollar thoughts and send it my way!
Second, this dowry must be important nowadays. I'll be working on my dowry in the coming year. I know that I am weary of debt, but now I think I need a dowry, I better get on it. But my dowry is not to be used to get anyone else out of debt, to pay for a drug addiction or the like.
Question for any reader: What should be included in a dowry? I don't have any cows.
5 years ago

3 comments:
Good job on being debt free. You don't need a dowry. Isn't a dowry something to tempt a man to marry you? You don't need that.
You should get a cow. I think it would help. I'm not sure how, but I think it would.
Dowry - I think roles have reversed so much, I think you need to ask the guy what his dowry is! :)
Post a Comment