Thing Number One: in the last 48 hours, I got new carpet throughout my whole house. Yippee Carpets America! When a whole house is carpeted it feels like you are moving homes and have to be out fast or something drastic will happen. It is very stressful to try and store a whole basement of things in a 12 x 12 room. It's also stressful that the carpeting itself took two 12 hour days to complete. It's not so fun moving back into place the big things, little things, and WHY IN THE WORLD DO I HAVE THESE things when there are workers all around. It's also not cool when you know that renters are ornery, and the late night pounding, tearing and messes are something for them to complain about. I have to placate them, and that is annoying. They just don't know how to roll with the punches very well...
Thing two: when you box up a craft/storage room for a 48 hour period you find all sorts of artifacts from days of yore. Cassette tapes for one example. I thought why do I have these, what could I do with them? Then it dawned on me that I could host one heck of an 80's party and those would look so cute as decor. They would also go great with the neon fabric rings and bracelets I found of the same era (well early 90's). My first cassette tape was Janet Jackson Black Cat album. Ben bought for me for my birthday. I remember him driving me over to the mall, and I just poured over everything in the store. Wow I was so cool. 
While putting things back in their right order and with all the dusting of the past 2 years finally done, I came to realize that my framed pictures are way too old. Why do I still have pictures of me and my high school boyfriend still up? I think it's time to switch them out. All my framed pictures are from more than 10 years ago. The pictures I had on my desk at eBay can probably be removed from display.
Thing three: Sam helped me move some of the big furniture, and called me a hoarder. I must admit all my belongings shoved into one small space does appear to be hoardish, but I am not hoarding. Here's the down side of owning a home; you fill it up with furniture and kitchenware and linens and stuff. And you don't get rid of it cause you might use it someday. There is also the problem of the mother who buys you stuff. My dearest mother is the best of shoppers. And I use most of the things she "finds" me. However, some of the things I think she she buys she would like for herself but can't use them immediately so she generously gives it for me. The problem is, if I were with her, I wouldn't have bought it. Well today, I have a large stack of untouchables, most of which came through the hands of my mother: two pee yellow pillows, 6 long, white, scratchy,staw-like curtains, some basket liners, a fabric tufted box, and a white small cabinet. I hope she doesn't find them at D.I. and think of me again....
Thing four: I sure am a blessed soul. I have a lot. I could live with a lot less. I am fortunate enough to have a job with good perks, renters to help the cash flow, and a home that I sure am starting to like more and more. I am growing up! I hope that the comforts I am living with continue.
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment