I've had my heart set on painting my living room for some time now. Last summer I picked out the paint. I've been looking for someone to paint it for me as I don't have ladders or scaffolding for my vaulted ceilings. Well the deal of the century came through. The 3rd time's a charm.
I originally contacted 5 Star painting last spring to get a bid. They never made their appointment, and when I called about it, the customer service rep was of no help. I spent 4 hours waiting. (2 before the appointment, 2 after)
After 5 Star pulled a no show, I got on Craigslist. It was successful. A man came checked it out, and said call the boss back to set it up. However, I lost Boss's number.
Fast forward to last week's Groupon for Salt Lake City: $89 paint job of 1 room by Contemporary Paint Co. Can use 2 coupons for a larger area. Oh yeah, I bought 2.
Today, Bryan from Contemporary Paint Co. came to check out the place. Well my $180 dollar Groupons, were increase with an additional cost of $400 to include ceiling paint as well as water damage repair that I never noticed before. My max price for the project was going to be $500 dollars, so I don't feel too bad about that price.
All I know is it's getting done on March 18th, and I don't have to have it on the project plate any longer! Watch out Credit Card, all frivolous spending will be postponed until further notice, like April.
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment