This 100th post is about the happy day of Charlie and Danielle. They were married May 28th, and I am pleased I didn't miss it. It was quite a spectacle, and very enjoyable. I felt as if I was traveling more than enjoying the area, 2 days in is all we got.
I left for Toronto on Thursday morning. My travel plans turned out to be ever changing. I started with a cancelled flight. The flight I was rebooked on had an emergency landing in Omaha. Can you believe that at 37,000 feet there was enough pressure to shatter the front windsheild of the plane! The pilots put on their oxygen masks, and nosed us down to 31,000 feet. I learned that a plane hadn't had that type of failure since 1980 somthin' on a fighter jet. WEIRD. I wish I had a pic, it was unreal.
Since I missed my connecting flight in Chicago, I had to leave later. Later meant 3.5 hours later, with gate switches and filled seats.
I finally made it to Toronto at about 9:00 p.m. 13 hours of travel, and I made it to dinner. I bravely changed from sweats to a skirt on the curb of the airport, so I wouldn't be completely mis-dressed. Though in the end, the restaurant was empty and no one would have cared. I do wonder what the Asian lady was thinking as she watched me...
Friday was easy, I just showed up and took some video footage, had a great meal, and enjoyed all the people watching. It was such a long day, everyone was pretty tired. Josh and Jess weren't tired enough, they went goose hunting! (Nothing like a little romp under the moonlight, what a laugh!)
Saturday, we woke up to take in Niagra Falls. Sunday, it was home again, home again, jiggity jig.
I just finished editing the video portion of my brother Charlie's wedding in Toronto. The highlight was the kissing game. They played a couple of rounds of this between the different dinner courses. Check it out!
5 years ago

1 comment:
hey Pat that's awesome that you went to Canada for the wedding! I'm so proud of Charlie for going through with it :o) Man if you hadn't really super wanted to get where you were going you may not have boarded another plane huh...that's bizarre about the windshield breaking, I'm with you I would have liked to see a picture of it. Good times and good memories... what would we be without 'em. Love Ya
Post a Comment