There recently was a short news blurb about a man who won a $5 million dollar jackpot back in 1981. He cashed his last check some time ago, and now lives in a mobile home with a girlfriend and lives off $250 a week. The man said that he has no regrets about the way he spent his money: giving it away, and traveling the world. He lived for the day.
I would not live for the day. I’d prepare for many days. I think that a significant amount of money would be used in the following ways:
1: Pay off the house I live in, or at least my second mortgage.
2: Fix up the house I live in.
3: Bestow an equal amount upon each of my siblings and parents
4: Set up an escrow account, so that my property tax could be paid for the next 50 years
5: Create a scholarship
6: Travel to Europe, Brazil, and cruise too.
7: Maybe plan a wedding, though we never know when it would be.
8: Donate to the church-missionary, education and humanitarian funds.
9: Get the best emergency supplies and survival needs
10: Finally take classes I want for fun.
A significant amount of money would not produce a squanderer in me. I would not quit my day job. I would just feel more freedom in financial responsibilities.
I really want less stress and worry over money. It’s a monkey on the back keeping the dollars and cents in the ledger straight. I understand that you can’t get something for nothing, but winning big without a gamble sure seems nice.
5 years ago

1 comment:
we can take fun classes! Just community ed but it can be fun. Let's do it.
Post a Comment