I filed my taxes electronically in February. I was expecting my return to arrive 10 days later via automatic deposit. I still haven't received it. So, in my boredom today, I thought I'd log back into the online H&R service. I am glad I did! I goofed. As annoyed as I am right now, I at least feel more relief in knowing what happened. I missed a number on my social security number. UGG!
With all my luck and stupidity the IRS.gov website says there's a minimum $135 late fee. I am now pretty sure that after fixing my mistake, my return got relabeled with today's date! If that is the case then so be it, but I just want my money! I am so agitated for not checking on this sooner! I feel like I've been kicked while I was already down. Tears, frustration, and pride=anger.
5 years ago

4 comments:
sorry! That sucks!
Ahhhh! I'd be angry too!!!! I hope that doesn't take out of your coming to Minneapolis fund!
Hey Pat, at least you caught the mistake. If it makes you feel better, about the same day as you I decided to clean off my desk and found my payment coupon for my State taxes that I thought I had paid and low and behold, there was the thing... yep I hadn't paid it, so I'm just waiting to hear about the late fees dangit!
Be thankful you do not live in Cali or maybe you would be getting an IOU instead of a return ;)
Post a Comment