Sunday, May 3, 2009

I made it to Wicked!

April was a bit dry in activity as I didn't feel well for most of the month. I had the flu at the beginning, and strep throat at the end. I don't think I mind, as now my body is primed for the summer months to come.

Passing through the dreary wilderness of the last 2 weeks of April, I came out and landed myself at Capitol Theatre. I don't know what I did right, but I got and took the ticket offered to go see WICKED! Thanks Aunt Lukie! The Wright girls got on the ticket purchasing bandwagon and snagged 6 tickets to the sold out show. I was lucky to reap their reward. I never expected to go to the performance, but the day came and Lukie needed someone to take the extra tickets. Cousin Rachel and I were the lucky benefactors. I had fun riding downtown with Rachel, and sitting through the performance on the edge of my seat-partly because I liked it so much and partly because there was a large, stuffed-in-his-suit, man sitting to the right of me. I was happy with the aisle seat!

Wicked's costumes and stage were over the top well done! It would be so fun to be in the background watching the hustle and bustle or to be the designer of the costumes or make-up artist. It looked fantastic! The performers were of course top notch. I am less of a critique of performing artists and more the giver of praise since my talents aren't in that area.

I am glad I was well prepared for the show. I had read the book last summer, and the soundtrack was given to me as a gift. I know what I was in for, and it was much better than I could have anticipated. I am so glad I got to go.

So for all you Wicked fans out there, who would you most assosciate yourself with: Elphaba, or Glinda? Or maybe could you be both?

1 comment:

Trenda said...

I am so glad you got to go see wicked. I went last year when it was in LA and I loved it! To answer your question about who I relate to more, I would have to say Glinda . . . beautiful and popular! LOL! Just kiding, I have never really given it much thought. i think I can relate to both in different ways. :)