Okay, I've got 3 things that I can reveal about the weekend that are completely unrelated. Only a brilliant writer could write them into a story together.
1st: I went to check on the duck this weekend. I was headed home from a BBQ and just thought I'd stop by. Lucky duck wasn't so lucky. 2 eggs were missing. 2 cracked open, 2 rolled away from the nest and 2 loners stuck in the pile of what used to be the nest. I think they are all goners, cause Lucky was no where to be found. I'll be very surprised to see her back to the nest on Monday morning. I rolled the remaining eggs back to the nest. It's weird, you can see a fully formed chick in there. The egg shell was pretty thin. But I am pretty sure without a mom sitting on them, there won't be any babies.
2nd: I went to Harmon's and browsed their new bistro/deli. And there before me to be helped was the most fickle women, who seemed to be oblivious to everyone who waited for her to finish her deli selections. She had to sample the chicken salad, the turkeyloaf, the tomato-mozzerela salad, and each piece of salmon. There was the cajun salmon, the herb salmon, and the cedar sauced salmon. As she enjoy the flavors of the salmon she decided it would be important for her to find out if the salmon was fish farmed or wild caught. She said, "It will determine the selection I choose to buy". Although she raved about the salmon, she didn't purchase any. It was farmed fish, and her morale code bade her against the it. I think she was too filled up from the freebie samples! She walked away with less than a 1/4 pound of Chicked salad. Apparently, it doesn't matter if chicken are free range, or not.
3rd: I must be the worst daughter in the world. I missed my mom's birthday. I was too busy worrying about my lack of sleep, Charlie's Wolverine BBQ, planting flowers, cutting the grass, and not wanting to do anything else. I let one of my favorite people in the world not be recognized on their most significant day. Poo Poo on me. So now, my mission is a belated birthday card, and something cool enough to make my mom happier for a little moment in time. I might be throwing out the standards I grew up with in gift giving: Is it useful, and needed? I need new gift-giving standards after this faux pas.
5 years ago

4 comments:
Sad about the baby ducks, baby ducks are so cute. I know what you mean about oblivious line people. They drive me crazy. I am the ultimate birthday forgetter. You are on the right track to forgiveness.
Mary Pat you still crack up so much! I think me and Tammy are always the first to read your blog cuz we can't wait to read your funny and completely hilarious writing (future author). I think the duck ran out of lives. Between the dogs, the kids, and the weather, she probably decided to try her luck somewhere else like a pond or up North in Canada :o)
So sad about Lucky and her poor baby ducks! You should incubate the egg. Would that work?
Other thing-I HATE GROCERY SHOPPERS WHO ARE NOT AWARE OF THEIR SURROUNDINGS!!
Happy belated birthday Auntie Cathy!
Post a Comment