I put gasoline in the ol' clunker this morning before work. Gas stations happen to have great convenience foods as well. So, I walked inside the station instead of paying at the pump. I picked up a 44oz Diet coke. It was on sale for $0.99 instead of $1.19. Next to the soda fountain was a lovely display of Dunford Donuts. I picked up a double chocolate donut as well. This is the breakfast of champions and Nostalgia because it's my daddy's breakfast. Drinks and donuts remind me of Papa Tom. He's pretty much a champ in my book, especially as I see him hobble around on his healing ankle. (That guy is pretty awesome crawling up stairs on his knees.)
If you happen to be a Peterson child, you might harbor some fond memories of Big Daddy P, and his fountain drinks and donuts. You might of felt a bit special if you got to go for a ride on a Saturday morning for this special treat. Today I got it and some calories!
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment