I don't know what the cause of a kinked neck is exactly but I am making a slight connection to sleep deprivation or stress. Stress is easily to blame, it's my constant companion. As for sleep I always need more sleep, I am happy with 9 to 10 hours.
So, the kinked neck: Sunday morning in the wee hours, I felt the slack in my neck turn into a stiff rope as I rolled over. OUCH! PAIN! I couldn't lift my arm, lay my head up, or turn my head to the right. Ug. I was Mr. Roboto. (That Styx song is kinda catchy)
Lucky for me, I have a friend. A very nice beautiful friend. She has these wonderful hands that know massage technics and pressure points. She laid me flat on my back and worked a miracle. It was instant improvement of 95%. Although, she made me shed a few tears as she worked my neck muscle, I could feel the unraveling of the muscle. That was very cool. I am now moving my head and the stiffness is at the bottom of my neck instead of the top. I hope a hot shower will fix that today.
As for today, here I am at my desk, at home. I thought a stiff neck was a legitimate excuse to stay home from work. It's going to be a wonderful day.
5 years ago

2 comments:
I wish that I was off too and that we were hanging out! I'm glad the massage helped!
I think that sounds like a lovely way to spend the day before your birthday. Are you sure the neck didn't cause you to stay home today too? That sounds like a good plan to me. I hope you do something fun today. Happy Birthday and Love Ya
Post a Comment