On Sunday, I picked up a book called The Insiders, by John F. McManus. I've been fuming inside ever since. It's said that ignorance is bliss, and it is! But I will say that ignorance causes problems too. Knowledge leads to action, and I don't know what action to take now. The United States in changing. Are we headed for a loss in sovereignty and a one nation world? Or, will the American people defend their independence and shame the powers that conspire to dominate and suppress people? If the people as a whole begin to defend themselves, how is all that going to go down? Who's going to lead the nation back to independence? It's all hurting my head just thinking about it.
I don't consider myself a very political person, but my eyes are opening wider, and I can see between the lines more clearly. For example, back in the Bush years, and in my ignorance, I remember wondering why in hell President Bush went to the U.N. for the War on Terrorism. My basic understanding for how to declare a war was that congress had to be involved. After reading The Insiders, now I know why I felt so uncomfortable about it.
I am going to make Cherolyn read this book, I can't wait to discuss it with her. If any of you other folks wouldn't mind a short political read, I suggest it. And I hope there are more town cryers out there besides the John Birch Society.
I am signing off as a bigger Ron Paul fan now.
5 years ago

1 comment:
You should read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. It might change your thinking again.
Post a Comment