Today, I sat on my back porch, and as I looked about me images of high top gym shoes, OP clothing, mullets, and acid washed jeans popped into my head. I think the images came because of my surroundings. My house is looking a little trashy. While it doesn't appear that way from the front, the back makes a statement. (Kind of like a mullet!)
White Trash Evidence #1-In a corner of my yard there rests 3 pool inflatables. They at one point were properly inflated and used but probably have found their resting point as target practice for birds. I am sure my roommate Renee has no plans of using them again. We'll see if she picks them up before snowfall. If not, she gets a special note.
White Trash Evidence #2-The grass is 5 inches tall, with marks of baldness due to earlier Round-Up abuse. I haven't taken the old push wonder of a 1960's lawnmower to it since July. There is also an area that just won't grow grass in. It's the leprous part of the yard.
White Trash Evidence #3-I removed from the laundry room a very old and worn washing machine. I hauled it down the stairs by letting it rest against my back and letting it slide. I only got it to the back yard. It sits now out in the sun and weather just waiting for the haul away. I'll get to it.
White Trash Evidence #4-Besides the larger appliance, there is also a smaller one. On the patio stairs rests a George Forman Grill. It showed up sometime in July. At first, I thought maybe whomever set it there was giving it a good airing. But it hasn't yet moved. I'll get up the nerve to leave a note on the kitchen counter asking for the owner to remove it. I just can't do that till the washing machine is gone.
5 years ago

4 comments:
HaHAHAHA! That was super funny! Before you clean it all up, you should through a white trash party! A BBQ!!! I'd be more than happy to show up in some cut offs and Claire already has the mullet!!!!!
You are white trash sorry, the washing machine was the thing that did you in.
You better take some pictures before it becomes un-trashified.
Oh crap! You just inducted yourself into the same catagory as me. Why I can't get the desk/picnic table out of my front yard is a mystery....Maybe I could bring it to your white trash BBQ and we could eat on it. Very funny and real life story. Two Thumbs :o)
Post a Comment