Sunday, December 23, 2007

Grandma Makes Me Want To Be More Charitable


Isn't Grandma just the best! If anyone knows Grandma then you know the following:
~She's constantly making something for someone else; be it crocheted, cross-stitched, painted or scrap-booked. Just this weekend she shared this tidbit, "I don't make something unless I can give it to someone." She's always thinking of others.
~She gives, gives and gives some more; be it blankets, trinkets and other gifts.
~She loves people; be it her family, the girls she visit teaches or a friend she POW WOWs with.
~She sees the good in everyone.

I want Grandma's charitable attributes. She is a happy person, and quit the busy lady as she serves those around her. Go visit her. Talk to her. Ask her about her latest adventure. It might be a story about an all-day Indian Pow Pow, or about the day she got pulled over for stealing gas. Maybe she'll tell you about a time she had with you when you were little. There's a story about most of the items in her China cupboard. Grandma's seen more of this world than I'll ever get too.

I LOVE GRANDMA!

6 comments:

Jennie B. said...

That's so cute and I think you're tons like her! A lot more than you know!!!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

We love Grandma too! Now we need to get HER blogging! I love your new site--you are so awesome!

Natalie

MiStY said...

Hey Pat, Is that thing hooked to your bossom? Your Grannie is adorable no wonder you go see her so much. You'll never regret getting close to her and learning those words and actions of wisdom. She's sure a pretty thing...just like you. Love ya

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome that you go see grandma all the time. I think that she gets lonely a lot. She loves it so much, you're definitely her favorite! She always talks about you and how I should be more like you. Mary this, Mary that. Whatever:)

Holly said...

I love grandma too!! I remember last winter she made a bunch of blankets and gave them to the Assisted Living Home nearby so people could sit with a nice crocheted blanket on their lap. She's always doing stuff like that. I'm glad you see her often. I know she loves it.

Grandma said...

Mary, You sweetie. I can't wait to show this to Grandma and all the blogs. She is going to love it. I'd get her blogging but the computer is out. I can't tell you how many times we have showed her how to email and she can't remember. We got her a cell phone so when she gets lost in town we can come and get her. Uhhhh-- she couldn't figure out how to dail out and couldn't hear it ring. We laugh and love. You are really missing out on Grandma if you're not visiting with her often.