Saturday, July 30, 2011

Socialization

I am unattached. I am not forced into any socializing I don't want to do. I don't have to talk to a husband or kids. (Heck, I don't even talk to my own roommates on a day to day basis.) And I don't think it's so bad. I can go weeks without going out, and it's kinda nice. Now mind you, I do socialize at work, that's a different point.

I feel like today was the first social thing I have done all summer! (Do you ever get busy doing nothing? That's me!) When I want to socialize I make it count, and today was a good hot day to do it. I ran into people at a bridal shower that I wasn't expecting to see and it was a refreshing surprise, and the whole reason I am updating my blog. (I guess I can go weeks without mentioning my lackadaisical summer life too.)

Hats off to Julie for throwing Summer a bridal shower and being a terrific host and caterer. Yummy food, and a fun place. Summer thanks for getting married and being the reason to catch up with some of my favorite people. (Some people don't know they are my favorites-it's that deep rooted respect, awe and happiness I feel around them. Would it be weird to tell them?) The crowd was great and in fact I missed a few people too. Which means I might have to get out of my 'socialbreak' (sic) ways.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Can we socialize pleeeeeaaaaase!?

sinika said...

I loved chatting with you in real life after all these years of blog stalking you Mary! :) Can't wait for your next post...