Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm On The Verge

For 3 months I've supposedly been preparing a 30 page, APA style, project proposal for my graduate studies. I hate writing papers that serve no beneficial purpose to my work. This paper is a hoop jump, as are the classes I've been taking for the past year. I have put this educational burden upon my shoulders all in the hopes that in 5 years the pay off will be big enough that I will be able to live comfortably by myself, and do the things I want to do, when I want to do them. It's the "Be Prepared" motto coming to life.

I have been living in a cave of a basement for the past month. I wake up, go to work, come home, and pick up my computer. Sometimes, I just stare at the words in my documents, and nothing comes of it. Sometimes, I just add a sentence here, fix a grammatical error there. And other times, I actually make significant progress, like when I take 2 sick days off work and get 13 pages, but actually become sick in the process.

I am 7 pages away from the paper requirements. I am 7 days away from the due date, and I am on the verge of a mental breakdown. There is a psychotic blue fish in my head named Dori, that repeats over and over again, "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming..." There is a demonic teacher that arrives in the morning to teach, and by the end of the day is yelling at students to not be ass holes. I might be past the breaking point, and actually coasting through a deranged time period.

School is not healthy.

4 comments:

Jennie B. said...

Put your shoulder to the wheel push a long!!!! A page a day. That's CAKE!!!!! I agree. School kills people and might kill me too.

Rachel said...

You're so funny Mary. Good luck with the paper. I hope you have a fun vacation or something planned for when you finish! :)

Jenni said...

One of the things I love about you is that you're not afraid to use swear words on your blog. Sometimes I want to, but I'm afraid of offending people. School does suck, but keep at it. It's going to feel amazing when you're all done!

MiStY said...

Hey Mary Pat! I've missed you lately. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma and to barely be reading about it today. You sound like you've managed to keep up a very eventful life and funfilled days. Would you just write the dang paper already? You articulate yourself very well and write like a pro. I'm certain you've gone well beyond the min. requirements. Just finish already and relax for the holidays. I love ya and if I can be of any service... call me sometime. Love ya see ya later by.......