Friday, October 24, 2008

Animal Studies

There is an amazing resemblance between 12 olds and animals. Each time I look close enough, images from Animal Planet flash through my brain. I would think that locking some of them up at the Zoo would make a great anthropology study. Here's what I see out in my field of expertise.

  • Hair care of a 12 year old resembles that of the famous sheep herding dog.
  • 12 year olds run in packs, just like laughing hyenas.
  • Grooming of 12 year olds resembles the nose picking class of monkeys.
  • Some 12 year olds can screech just like a fighting cat.
  • There are others who whine and howl just like a dog.
  • During a lunch break, I recently viewed ongoing chases like this one.
  • Their smell is sometimes atrocious. Mix old cut onions and river mud for the fresh scent of the 12 year old.


  • If you have a 12 year old, beware of their animal instincts.

    1 comment:

    Susan Brady said...

    I thought middle school teachers had to be immune to grooming skills, body odors and unusual noises. Happy Halloween M Pat.